Shana Astrachan is a licensed Esthetician with a background in fine art. She assures you glowing skin to go along with makeup that celebrates your true beauty and personal style.
- Specializing in weddings, commercial, film and print
- Innovative and creative styling
- Professional and passionate
- Green friendly, using natural and organic products when possible
- An authority on vintage and retro looks of all eras
I love collaborating with my clients to create the looks that will make them feel the most confident and fabulous.
My early formal education was studying metalsmithing and art through a fine art program. After many years working in the design world I went back to school to study skin care, cosmetic ingredients and formulation production. Through that program I fell in love with applying makeup and styling hair, and thanks to my first makeup job working on feature film (which I should mention was a horror film written and directed by a drag queen!), my eyes were open to the creative possibilities in the world of makeup and hair. I now divide my time between the one-on-one services I provide doing makeup and hair, with working on a variety of creative projects including my Fox & Doll beauty products, my silver and gold jewelry line and a few other creative and crafty projects that may result in some new items coming to my online shop soon!
A few more things about me:
- I have lived in San Francisco for over 20 years
- I love Palm Springs and am starting to spend some of my year there, for work and vacation
- I grew up in the mountains of New Hampshire and went to art school in Portland, Maine
- My birthday is in July and my astrological sign is Cancer; a classic loyal, sensitive, water loving crab
- I grew up with lots of dogs - Bichon Frises, Dalmatians, and West Highland White Terriers
- I love to go bowling
- I would like to make shoes someday, I think maybe I was a shoemaker in a past life
- I started making jewelry at age 13 - www.shanaastrachan.com
- I am currently studying herbalism
Some favorite lines used in my hair, makeup and nail kit are:
Alterna • Ardency Inn • By Nieves • Elizabeth Street • Essie • Floss Gloss • Fox & Doll • Gabriel Cosmetics
Juice Beauty • Julie Hewett • Hairstory • Inglot • Kenra • Kett Cosmetics • Laurel Organics Skin • Mineral Fusion
Nars • RMS Beauty • Sienna Cosmetics • Stila Cosmetics • Suavicita • Tarte • Temptu Airbrush • Zoya • Zuzu
COMING SOON. In the meantime you can see some here.